IMPORTANT: There is no admission charge to attend the summer school but we need to know who and how many are coming and have some means of contacting you with updates, etc.
You are asked to complete this form on behalf of yourself or your group/guild if you expect to attend.Some highlights are …
- TRADE FAIR The retail therapy opportunity is an important one for students and on Saturday the Trade Fair is also open to visitors. There will be 20 traders (detailed here) with special raffle prizes (listed here). We also hope to operate a fleece fair in association with members of the Rare Breed Survival Trust.
- FLEECE FAIR The Rare Breeds Survival Trust will be holding a fleece fair as part of the Trade Fair on Friday (students only) and Saturday. We are very excited at the prospect of seeing and acquiring some of these raw materials. The RBST expect to bring: Portland, Leicester Longwool ( black and white), Hebridean, Manx Loaghtan, Castlemilk Morrit, Blue Faced Leicester, Shetland, Jacob, Teeswater, Derbyshire Gritstone, Cheviot, Grey Faced Dartmoor, Border Leicester, Zwartble, and Alpaca.
- CERTIFICATE OF ACHIEVEMENT exhibition. At summer school the work of the 2015 candidates for the AGWSD certificate of achievement will be on show to visitors. This is work which has been done to rigorously high standard and presents meticulous examples of skill and creative project pieces. (Information about the CoA here).
- STUDENT WORK exhibits There are 18 very talented summer school tutors at our 2015 summer school and after a week of learning with them the students will have some very interesting work to show off. There will be displays of student work across campus. You can see information about the courses and tutors here.
- SHORT TALKS PROGRAMME We have also put together a programme of short talks which will be open on the Saturday only - a balance of information and education sessions of interest to students and visitors.